Dieser Beitrag enthält Werbung – advertising.
I always prepare tomato sauce during spring and summer w/ lots of fresh tomatoes roasted in the oven until a really soft mess. This tomato sauce is best for any pasta as well as vegetables or meat. You may produce quite a lot & store it in containers in your fridge for some days or even put to 2-3 weeks – be sure: it won’t last so long.
What I had in mind for rather a long time was to create a red pepper based sauce alike to the tomato sauce.
So I grabbed some red peppers, sweet & crispy, in my trusted food store.
My idea was to create a lot of red pepper sauce & use some of it together w/ some pasta for a dinner for 2 (& store the rest).
For the record:
I started w/ 500 g red peppers. At the end it was enough red pepper sauce for about 6-8 helpings.
So: lets start w/ the red peppers & the pasta.
The red peppers are cleaned, trimmed & all these tiny white pits are removed & discarded. We cut the red peppers in rather large pieces, add tomato pulp (Italian tomato pulp out of a can) as well as:
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- sugar or honey or molasses
- dried thyme leaves
- salt & pepper.
For the record:
You may also add any other Mediterranean herbs like oregano, marjoram, basil …
You may also add some dried or fresh chili …
You may also add some garlic … (only fresh!)
All is mixed & marches into the oven at 175° C w/ fan for about 30-40 min.
… & voilà!
Let it cool for some minutes …
Then fill the mess into a high pot, grab your electric handheld immersion blender & blend. In detail:
- Add about ¼ of the mess & add some red wine & blend.
- Add more of the mess & blend.
- Add rest of the mess & blend.
The sauce will be soft & viscid – substantial.
Try the sauce & add salt & pepper to taste. If you like it more runny just add some red wine.
Then … just mix the sauce w/ pasta!
(As I mentioned before the sauce will be sufficient for more than 2 helpings!)
… & add some freshly grates parmesan or pecorino!
- 500 g red peppers
- 200 g tomato pulp (canned)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar or honey or molasses
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 2-3 tbsp red wine
- 150 g pasta
- Clean & trim the peppers. Cut them roughly into rather large pieces.
- Add to a casserole & mix w/ all the ingredients (except red wine & pasta).
- Put the casserole in the oven at 175° C w/ fan for about 30 - 40 min.
- Let it cool for some minutes. Cook the pasta according to the recommendation on the packet. Then drain the pasta.
- Fill the pepper mess & the red wine in a high pot & blend w/ a handheld electric immersion blender until smooth (in several steps!). Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Take about ¼ of the red pepper sauce.
- Mix pepper mess & pasta & serve.