Dieser Beitrag enthält Werbung – advertising.
During the last days summer was all over the place w/ temperatures of about 30° C – at least in the afternoon. It isn’t a time for cooking & baking. So for desserts I like to opt for fresh fruit or – even better – a fruit salad.
However, it’s also always nice to prepare a sweet pie lounging in the fridge until it’s time for dessert. I posted a recipe some years ago – now here is a short version especially for hot summer days.
The main flavor is from citrus fruits – especially refreshing in summer.
You’ll always have to decide about lemons or limes. Both are delicious in this pie. (I tried both versions during the years …) As well the pastry may be baken or not. (I also tried both versions during the years …) Because of summer temperatures I recommend the version w/o baking the pastry!
So don’t let’s chatter too long!
What do we need for the pastry?
- plain digestives
- fine sugar
- a pinch of salt.
Melt the butter & let it cool down to room temperature.
Transform the digestives into fine crumbs by using a zipper bag & a rolling pin.
Then knead everything together & press it into a quiche form to cover the bottom & the edge.
When stopping at this point w/ the pastry you’ll get a nice crumbly affair melting away in your mouth. To stabilize just put it in the fridge.
You may also put the pastry into your preheated oven (about 175° C fan for about 10 min). Afterwards the pastry is crunchy – as I already stated: when it’s hot outside I recommend to stay away from heating an oven.
For the filling we need:
- condensed milk
- whipping cream
- organic lemons or organic limes.
Grate the zest of the lemons resp. limes & press the juice. The zest will be used for decoration!
Whip the whipping cream until stiff.
Combine everything (condensed milk, whipping cream, juice).
Take the pastry out of the fridge & add the filling. Decorate w/ the zest.
You may also store pastry & filling in the fridge for some hours before assembling the pie.
Whatever: the pie will end up in the fridge until it’s time for serving the dessert.
- 150 g plain digestives (about 10)
- 40 g fine sugar
- 100 g butter
- a pinch of salt
- 4 organic lemons (zest & juice – about 150 ml)
- 400 g condensed milk (1 can)
- 250 ml whipping cream
- quiche form (28 cm)
- electric handheld mixer
- Melt the butter & put it aside to cool.
- Put the digestives in a zipper bag & crush the digestives w/ a rolling pin into fine crumbs.
- Mix crumbs, sugar & salt.
- Add the melted butter & knead it until there is a fine mess.
- Put the mess in the quiche form & distribute it evenly all over the bottom & the edge with your hands & fingers by pressing.
- Put the quiche form in the fridge.
- Grate the zest of the lemons & set aside.
- Squeeze the lemon juice – you'll need about 150 ml!
- Mix the condensed milk with the lemon juice.
- Whip the whipping cream w/ an electric handheld mixer until stiff.
- Fold the whipping cream in the condensed milk mix.
- Cool the filling in the fridge until the filling & the pastry are really cold.
- Scoop the filling evenly in the cold pastry.
- Sprinkle with lemon zest.
- Store the pie in the fridge until it'll be served.