Dieser Beitrag enthält Werbung – advertising.
I’m still in my rhubarb mania although slowly the rhubarb season comes to an end. Nevertheless I noted that this year there is especially fine rhubarb in the market – lots of it.
On the other hand I’m also still in my loaf cake mania: so I thought about combining both passions. Concerning loaf cakes I came across some recipes using yoghurt … so I tried a version w/ yoghurt.
The outcome is this soft & airy & moist cake w/ small bits of rhubarb everywhere.
The weather … I try to talk not too much about the weather, but this year … Spring is almost over & it still feels like beginning of spring. Aside from some couple of days when the temperature suddenly moved upward it felt rather cold & rainy. The garden likes it: all is growing although I’ve got the impression that all comes somewhat later – the blossoms.
Overall I’ve got the feeling that May is like April … & that April was like March, a March sprawling over 2 months. (I’m not so happy with this development – I miss a lovely spring!) Maybe summer will arrive mightily … soon …
However, let’s start now!
What do we need?
- molten butter
- Greek yoghurt
- vanilla essence
Preheat the oven to 160° C w/ fan.
Line a loaf tin w/ baking parchment.
Grab your handheld electric mixer & combine butter, sugar, eggs, yoghurt & vanilla essence. Poutr the mess into the mix of flour, baling powder & a pinch of salt. Just mix.
Chop the rhubarb (after cleaning & trimming – no need to peel the rhubarb). Fold in the rhubarb.
Pour the mess in your prepared loaf tin & put it in the preheated oven for about 50 min. Make the famous test w/ the wooden pin …
Let the loaf cake cool down for about 10 min before lifting it out of the tin.
Let it cool down for another 10 min before carefully removing the baking parchment.
It will take another 40 min until the cake is fine w/ room temperature.
For the icing just mix some lemon juice & icing sugar. I used it rather minimalistic. If you like more icing just do it.
- 150 g molten butter
- 200 g Greek yoghurt
- 100 g sugar
- 4 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 250 g all-purpose flour
- 1 packet baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 200 g rhubarb
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2-3 tbsp icing sugar
- handheld electric mixer
- loaf tin (25 cm)
- baking parchment
- Preheat the oven to 160° C w/ fan.
- Melt the butter & set aside for cooling down.
- Trim & clean & chop the rhubarb; you'll need 200 g chopped rhubarb.
- Line a loaf tin w/ baking parchment.
- Whisk together molten butter, yoghurt, sugar, eggs & vanilla essence w/ your handheld electric mixer.
- Mix flour & baking powder & salt; add the butter mess & mix.
- Fold in the rhubarb & pour the mess into the prepared loaf tin.
- Let it bake at 160° C w/ fan for about 50 min. Make the famous test w/ the wooden pin …
- Let the cake cool down for 10 min; afterwards lift the cake out of the baking tin.
- After another 10 min remove the baking parchment – carefully.
- Wait until the cake is at room temperature; it's about further 40 min.
- For the icing combine the lemon juice & the icing sigar.
- Spoon the icing all over the loaf.