Dieser Beitrag enthält Werbung – advertising.
I made lots of apricot jam some weeks ago. Of course it’s absolutely delicious to have some homemade apricot jam on your fresh roll or croissant or crispy toast or soft French bread or … nevertheless what else can you do w/ the jam?
So I started surfing … I thought about something like a cake or a tart or … whatever. It’s summer so there are wonderful fresh apricots around us everywhere …
I found a recipe on the blog Zimtkeks und Apfeltarte (after having chilled on Instagram) which just looked so delicious that I started at once w/ some preparations. (Fortunately it turned out that all necessary ingredients were in my fridge resp. in my pantry.)
I grabbed my tart form w/ loose bottom & realized that I’d need 6 apricots.
For the base there is some shortcrust pastry. So we need:
- all-purpose flour
- icing sugar
- a pinch of salt
- an egg.
Just roll up your sleeves (if there are any because it’s summer outside!) & start kneading until all is combined. Form something like a ball – well, it didn’t work out in my bowl. Put the pastry in the fridge for about 20 min.
Don’t forget to preheat the oven to 175° C! (Turn on latest after the chilling session!)
Afterwards roll out the pastry w/ a rolling pin between 2 sheets of cling foil. Transfer the pastry to the slightly oiled tart form & fit into the form.
When the pastry is still chilling in the fridge a frangipane layer will be prepared.
- ground almonds
- vanilla extract.
Mix all the ingredients w/ your handheld electric mixer until smooth. The frangipane will be poured all over the pastry base.
While the pastry is chilling we also clean & trim the apricots. We cut them into halves & remove the pits. Afterwards we lay them onto the frangipane layer.
Finally the topping …
I mashed some of my homemade apricot jam & distributed it evenly all over the apricots.
Last act: I scattered flaked almonds all over the mess.
The tart form marches into the preheated oven for about 30 min. Here’s a “before & after” …
Let the apricot-frangipane-tart cool down to room temperature. Then remove the tart form & transfer to a plate.
There is a crispy pastry shall, the apricots are lost in the soft frangipane, the apricot jam is a delicious sticky finish topped w/ flaked almonds.
- 175 g all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- a pinch of salt
- 75 g icing sugar
- 80 g cold butter
- 100 g ground almonds
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 apricots
- 100 g apricot jam
- 25 g flaked almonds
- handheld electric mixer
- tart form (w/ loose bottom) (35 x 11 cm)
- Dump all the ingredients for the pastry into a bowl & knead w/ your hands until all is combined. Form a ball (or so) & put the bowl w/ the ball in the fridge.
- Dump all the ingredients for the frangipane in a bowl & mix w/ your handheld electric mixer until combined & smooth.
- Clean, trim & halve the apricots. Discard the pits.
- Mash the apricot jam - if necessary.
- Preheat the oven to 175° C w/ fan.
- Oil the tart form.
- Roll out the pastry between sheets of cling foil & transfer to the tart form. Fit the pastry into the tart form.
- Pour the frangipane into the tart form & distribute evenly all over the pastry.
- Add the apricot halves & cover everything w/ a thin layer of apricot jam. Use a brush if necessary.
- Add the flaked almond.
- Let it bake in the preheated oven for about 25-30 min.
- Let the mess cool down in the tart form before carefully lifting the bottom & transferring the - hopefully stable - mess to a plate.