Dieser Beitrag enthält Werbung – advertising.
Here we go again. Another sandwich post.
We had an open sandwich (w/ egg-fried baked vegetables) & a hot toasted sandwich (w/ baked vegetables) … now we make a classic sandwich w/ baked vegetables (of course)!
You may remember: I made a large batch of baked vegetables w/ olive oil & herbs of the Provence for dinner & there were leftovers for the next days. I used the leftovers to create some sandwiches.
Today there is no additional frying or so – we rely on fresh bread & add-ons at room temperature.
Did I mention some thoughts about the bread so far?
A good sandwich lives on its bread. There is the grand melting of the ingredients, but w/o bread as basis … In general you may work w/ any bread available. (Especially in Germany there are hundreds of different types of bread easily within reach.)
On the one side the bread shouldn’t soak up all the liquid – there is always some liquid! – & get mushy meaning that the sandwich goes messy. Otherwise the bread should be more soft than … i. e. you should be able to eat it properly.
Concerning the flavour you should use what seems appropriate to the filling. Don’t combine pumpernickel w/ oily baked vegetables or wholegrain bread w/ more grains … I think you get it.
So – what do we need?
- French wheat bread: 2 large slices
- some home-made cream from Greek yoghurt & sweet French mustard
- fresh chopped arugula
- baked vegetables i. e. fennel
- goat’s cheese (not the creamy one, but a roll …).
We start w/ assembling all the team players:
- Mix the Greek yoghurt & the sweet French mustard; add some salt & pepper to taste.
- Chop the arugula.
- Get the baked fennel out of the fridge & heat it up – only softly; room temperature or slightly warm is fine.
- Cut the goat’s cheese into slices.
For the record:
My better half isn’t so fond of fennel so I made her sandwich w/ baked courgette. You may easily prepare 2 sandwiches parallel.
We start w/ toasting the bread in a toaster.
We spread part of the cream on a slice of toasted bread – generously.
We add chopped arugula – generously.
We add warm vegetables i. e. baked fennel.
We add the goat’s cheese.
Then we spread the rest of the cream on the 2nd slice of toasted bread, fold the slices up & press gently for better mingling of the ingredients.
Serve at once!
- 2 slices wheat bread i. e. French bread (toasted)
- 1 tbsp Greek yoghurt (10%)
- 1 tbsp sweet French mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 handful arugula (chopped)
- 1/4 fennel bulb (baked & sliced)
- 3 - 4 slices goat's cheese (about 40 g)
- Mix the cream & set aside.
- Chop the arugula.
- Warm the baked fennel.
- Cut the goat's cheese.
- Toast the slices of bread.
- Spread the cream on a slice & add the arugula.
- Distribute the warm fennel & cover w/ slices of goat's cheese.
- Spread the cream on the other Slice of bread & set on top. Squeeze slightly.