Dieser Beitrag enthält Werbung – advertising.
Look at this!
There is a bed of creamy pasta salad w/ a hint of lemon. All over the salad there are sweet fresh tomatoes & lots of fried green asparagus still al dente & hearty… & on top we’ve some Parmesan adding a salty edge.
The pasta is creamy although I didn’t use too much dressing. Normally I prefer some mayonnaise for any pasta salad because pasta like to soak up any liquid around, but this time a tried a yoghurt based dressing a friend recommended a short time ago.
…& on a very sunny morning I started…
What do we need?
- pasta like girandole
- Greek yoghurt (10%) w/ French mustard & a hard-boiled egg (& some oil…)
- green asparagus
- a spring oinion
- small ripe cherry tomatoes
- Parmesan shavings.
At first start cooking the pasta & let it cool afterwards.
Then let’s do the green asparagus. Trim the woody ends by just breaking them away. Then chop the spring onion & start frying everything in some olive oil for about 15 min. Add salt & pepper to taste.
Attention: add the delicate asparagus heads only for the last 5 min!
It’ delicious – be careful not to pick too many asparagus bits when still warm for the sake of quality assurance!
Now coming to the dressing… Thanks to my friend Frieder for sharing his approach to mayonnaise based on plain yoghurt. (Since then I did some tests… & voilà!)
So we start w/ a hard-boiled egg mashing the egg yolk & mincing the egg white. We add Greek yoghurt & French mustard… & salt & pepper. Just whisk it all together w/ an egg whisk. Then we add some oil – I used a mix of lemon scented oil, plain peanut oil & olive oil. Start whisking until you get a creamy mess alike mayonnaise…
Add the cooked pasta & mix again.
So – what to do now?
Of course dealing w/ the tomatoes (cleaning, cutting in slices, removing pits & mush…).
I happened to get some Parmesan shavings ready for use in salads – maybe you’ll have to broke some Parmesan into shavings by yourself.
We take a plate & add the pasta salad. Then there are the tomato slices & the still warm asparagus.
On top we distribute the Parmesan shavings!
Enjoy – it’s best at room temperature w/ warm asparagus…
- 100 g pasta like girandole
- 400 g green asparagus untrimmed
- 1 spring onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
- about 10 small tomatoes about 200-250 g untrimmed
- 25-50 g Parmesan shavings
- 50 g Greek yoghurt 10%
- 1 tsp peanut oil
- 1 tsp lemon flavoured oil
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- 1 tsp French mustard
- salt & pepper
- Cook the pasta, drain it & let it cool.
- Boil the egg - if not already done.
- Crumble the egg yolk & chop the egg white.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing w/ an egg whisk.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Chop the tomatoes & discard the seeds & the mush.
- Trim the asparagus & cut into pieces.
- Chop the spring onion.
- Fry the asparagus & the spring onion in some olive oil until rather soft (about 15 min).
- Mix pasta & dressing.
- Arrange pasta on a plate.
- Distribute the tomatoes.
- Distribute the fried asparagus.
- Add Parmesan shavings on top.
- Serve at once.
The salad mix is brilliant – I had a wonderful small lunch…
The rest ended up in the fridge for dinner…
Don’t forget to take it out of the fridge at least 30 min before serving – well: you can also mix everything in this case! Maybe you should add some more dressing or just yoghurt or some oil…
It’s best friend w/ a glass of crisp white wine!
The businesswoman w/ to many office hours thinks
Fine: I like it – it’s easy to prepare, you don’t need too much time… It’s filling because of the pasta base… You need no bread, baguette or whatever – maybe another glass of white wine!