Dieser Beitrag enthält Werbung – advertising.
Another one pot pasta approach: this time we don’t use any Mediterranean herbs, but seafood flavours & cream for an absolutely creamy finish.
Imagine you are coming home after a stressful day in the office or in your shop … This heavenly pasta dish will take you less than half an hour!
What do we need?
- thin spaghetti
- ground saffron
- a carrot
- some spring onions
- seafood stock
- …& shrimps!
For seafood stock rely on your trusted food store – shrimps come out of the freezer. (You should defrost them … it doesn’t take too much time!)
So: we now chop the vegetables & mix stock, cream & saffron.
We start w/ frying the chopped vegetables in some olive oil for about 4-5 min. Then we add the shrimps & the cream mix.
Add the spaghetti – make sure before starting that the pan is large enough for the spaghetti!
Bring the mess to a boil & let it simmer for some minutes until the spaghetti are soft – as soft as you like it. The liquid will be soaked up …
It’s time now to summarize all about one pot pasta:
- Always use pasta suitable for easy & fast cooking (no chunky pasta!).
- The pasta in a one pot pasta approach always needs some more minutes than in plain boiling water.
- Water is fine in most cases, but sometimes a stock is recommended for stronger flavouring.
- A strong flavoring is always essential for one pot pasta affairs.
- All pasta is made for 2 people (maybe 3). Therefore a pan is right. If you want to produce more – much more – then rely on a solid pot.
- It is meant to be a light & quick weekday dinner.
- Do always w/o meat which generally needs a longer frying time. The same is valid for any „solid“ vegetables.
- Rely on dried herbs because of the flavoring & cooking in liquid.
- Rely on grated cheese or cream if you think you’ll need more creaminess.
Best of all: there is only a pan to be cleaned afterwards (besides the bowls/plates…)!
- 150 g spaghetti
- 3-4 spring onions
- 1 big carrot (about 150 g)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 150 g shrimps
- 1 packet ground saffron
- 400 ml seafood stock
- 100 ml cream
- salt & pepper
- If using frozen shrimps: defrost in water & pat dry.
- Clean & trim the spring onions & the carrot; chop both up finely.
- Mix seafood stock & cream & saffron.
- Start frying the spring onions & the carrot in olive oil for about 4-5 min.
- Add shrimps & stock & spaghetti.
- Bring everything to a boil & let it simmer for about 10-12 min.
- Salt & pepper to taste.