Dieser Beitrag enthält Werbung – advertising.
As always during the last weeks I’m in a hurry because of the endless preparations for our planned move. Nevertheless I need to empty my pantry … so baking some sweet delight is always on my agenda.
When checking my pantry I found a bottle of limoncello – this very nice Italian lemon liqueur. The bottle was almost empty, but … soon I had the idea of some muffins w/ limoncello. A quick affair.
No sooner said than done …
I assembled some ingredients on my kitchen counter:
- all-purpose flour & baking powder
- vanilla extract
… & here we go!
To begin with I preheated the oven to 160° C fan & I lined my muffin tin w/ paper tins.
I mixed butter, sugar, vanilla extract & a pinch of salt w/ my handheld electric mixer. Then I added the eggs … finally the flour mix … & in the end the limoncello.
I spooned the soft batter into the the paper tins. (My paper tins seemed rather fragile so I used 2 for each muffin.)
After about 15-20 min in the oven & the well-known test w/ the wooden stick there are 12 wonderful soft muffins.
I pricked each muffin several times w/ my wooden stick. Afterwards I brushed limoncello all over the muffins.
Finally I mixed some icing sugar w/ limoncello & let it drop all over the muffins.
- 100 g butter
- 100 g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- 200 g all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 75 ml limoncello
- 1-2 tbsp limoncello
- 100 g icing sugar
- 2 tbsp limoncello
- electric handheld mixer
- 12/24 paper tins
- Preheat the oven to 160° C fan.
- Line the muffin tin w/ the 12/24 paper tins.
- Mix butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and salt w/ the electric handheld mixer.
- Mix flour & baking powder & add the butter mess. Mix w/ the electric handheld mixer.
- Add the limoncello & mix.
- Spoon the batter into the paper tins.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15-20 min.
- Make the famous test w/ the wooden stick …
- Prick each muffin w/ the wooden pins several times when still hot.
- Add limoncello w/ a brush so that the liquid is soaked up.
- Let the muffins cool down to room temperature.
- Mix icing sugar & limoncello w/ a spoon & add to the muffins.