Dieser Beitrag enthält Werbung – advertising.
Another Friday – another pizza.
(Okay – I post this on Monday!)
Today we’ll get a home-made pizza – almost at once. However, it’s a rich pizza, enough for lunch & dinner for my better half & me.
I started w/ a ready-to-bake pizza mix: you’ll only have to add warm water, then mix & knead. The basis consists of flour, dry yeast & baking powder … some oil. It’s almost as if home-made. However, it’s a faster approach.
Of course you may also start from the scratch – needing about 30 min in addition for rising …
The pizza pastry is created at the beginning & rolled out on a baking tray lined w/ baking parchment. Then the toppings follow …
Walt do we need?
- Italian tomato pulp (out of a can)
Some preparations are necessary:
- The tomato pulp is drained i. e. reduced to the essentials. Olive oil & dried herbs (from the Mediterranean) are added.
- The mozzarella is chopped.
- The thinly sliced ham is chopped.
- The mushrooms are cut into thin slices.
- The gruyere is grated.
- Fresh thyme leaves are plucked.
Originally I planned to add some fresh sage leaves, but the sage on my window sill wasn’t appropriate any longer for any cooking adventure. So I decided to add some fresh thyme & some dried sage.
The pizza pastry is rolled out & is covered w/ the tomato mess. Dried sage is sprinkled on top. The hearty gruyere is added as well as the ham & the mushrooms. The thymes leaves are sprinkled on top. Finally the mozzarella bits are added.
The pizza marches in the oven (no preheating required) & bakes for about 30 min at 175° C.
We had half of the pizza for lunch. The ham, the mushrooms & the cheeses are filling … We had the rest for dinner. (I can eat pizza anytime!)
- 1 pizza pastry
- 400 g tomato pulp (1 can)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried Italian/Mediterranean herbs
- ½ tsp dried sage
- 40 g gruyère (grated)
- 120 g ham (thinly sliced & chopped)
- 100 g mushrooms
- 1 ball mozzarella (125 g)
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- Prepare the pizza dough so that it's finally sitting on a baking tray lined w/ baking parchment.
- Drain the tomato pulp & discard the water. Add olive oil & dried herbs.
- Grate the gruyère.
- Chop the ham & the mushrooms.
- Pluck the thyme leaves.
- Chop the mozzarella.
- Dsitribute the tomato mess on the pizza pastry.
- Sprinkle w/ dried sage.
- Add the grated gruyère.
- Add the ham & the mushrooms.
- Add the fresh thyme leaves.
- Add the chopped mozzarella.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 min at 175° C fan.