Dieser Beitrag enthält Werbung – advertising.
It’s end of August & the sun decided to love us once more: there’s a blue sky & there’s a blazing sun! However, the days are shorter now & the nights are cooler than in July… In the morning there is a real fresh breeze helping you to wake up!
Do you know affogato al caffé? It’s an Italian dessert: you put a small scoop of vanilla ice cream in a bowl & add freshly brewed hot espresso… Just enjoy – the mingling of espresso & vanilla ice cream is just great.
So when thinking of the combination of summer/sun/heat & espresso/vanilla ice cream I decided to make home-made ice cream… An espresso ice cream… I started dreaming of espresso flavor combined w/ sone chocolate flavour & some crushed cookies or so…
If you roam my kitchen you won’t find an ice cream maker – so I started from the scratch w/ another try for “no churn“ ice cream.
I opted for a special creamy ice cream & some mascarpone found room in my shopping bag.
So – what do we need?
- sweetened condensed milk
- whipping cream (whipped until stiff)
- freshly brewed espresso
- crushed amarettini.
We start w/ mixing the sweetened condensed milk & the cocoa. Then we add the mascarpone… & the espresso. Finally add the stiff whipped cream. It doesn’t matter if some small lumps of mascarpone or whipped cream stay in the mess.
Finally we fold in the crushed amarettini – & the mess marches at once in a container fit for the freezer session.
You’ll need a container w/ a capacity of about 1000 ml – & a close fitting lid!
Just close the container & place it in the freezer. After an hour or so stir the mess w/ a spoon & back to the freezer. Repeat after the next hour… after the next hour… It’ll take about 5 h to get the ice cream firm & creamy i. e. ready for serving!
- 400 g sweetened condensed milk (1 can)
- 250 g whipping cream
- 250 g mascarpone
- 2 strong espressos (about 80 ml)
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 50 g crushed amarettini
- handheld electric mixer
- egg whip
- rectangular container w/ fitting lid (at least 1000 ml!) fit for the freezer
- Brew 2 strong espressos & let them cool down.
- Crush the amarettini in a plastic bag e. g. a freezer bag.
- Whip the whipping cream until stiff w/ your handheld electric mixer.
- Combine sweetened condensed milk, mascarpone & cocoa w/ an egg whip.
- Add espresso, add whipped cream & finally the crushed amarettini.
- Pour the mess into the container & let it chill in the freezer. Every hour just stir a little w/ a spoon.
- It'll ready after about 5 h.
The ice cream under the microscope:
- There’s the cocoa & the espresso for the allover color…
- There are some lumps of mascarpone & whipped cream…
- There are the crushed amarettini – almost dissolved in the ice cream…
If you like to store the ice cream until next day of even for the next week or so don’t forget to remove the ice cream from the freezer at least 15 min before serving! The freezer temperature of -18° C will make the ice cream very hard.
The businesswoman w/ too many office hours thinks
…& you know:
You can make your special affogato al espresso every now & then by adding a scoop of espresso ice to a bowl & drown it in hot espresso – & top it w/ some amarettini!